How to Buy
With our extensive network of specialists in a wide range of areas from Greek and International Modern & Contemporary art to Jewellery and Watches, Islamic art, Asian art, Antique furniture, Philhellenic items, Silver, Porcelain, Books, modern prints; whatever your interest Loudos Auctions are pleased to provide with the expert knowledge and guidance that is needed to assist you.
Bidding with Loudos Auctions has never been easier.
Explore multiple ways of bidding with us:
- In person bidding during the Live Auctions: simply register at the registration desk with your ID or passport.
- Live Online Bidding: Register to bid online while watching the live streaming of the auction with the third party online bidding software that can be found on the auction page in our website.
- Absentee online bid: The intended maximum bid can be submitted via loudos.gr until the start of the auction. Login or register in our website and you are ready to bid! The bid has to be received no later than 3 hours prior to the start of the auction.
- Telephone Bid with one of our team: To register to telephone bid please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the auction.
- Written Absentee bid: You can fill in the written absentee bid form with the intended maximum bid and send it by email or ship it to our offices. The bid has to be received no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the auction.
Every auction will be uploaded at our auction page. You can register to receive email notifications when our catalogues are live on our website and ready to browse.
All the items of the auction will be uploaded at the auction page including their description, auction estimates and starting prices. Viewing times and location of the items will be displayed at the auction page and the auction catalogue.
The condition of items is not stated in the catalogue description, but is included in the online description where available. Buyers can request condition reports for any item offered at auction but, are encouraged to view lots in person prior to bidding to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and condition of lots.
Please note that an in-house buyer’s premium of 15% + VAT is applied to all lots bought at auction (18,6% inclusive of VAT) at the final hammer price.
Make sure to read the Terms & Conditions of Sale before bidding and find more information about shipping.
Artist’s Resale Right
Some lots as indicated in the catalogue may be subject to Artist’s Resale Rights (ARR).
This was introduced by a European Directive in 2006 to ensure that artists receive a royalty when their work is resold by an auction house or gallery. This Right applies to living artists and to those who have died within the last 70 years who are from applicable countries. This royalty is paid by the purchaser on top of the hammer price if the sale price reaches or exceeds 1000 euros.
The maximum royalty a work can earn is capped at 12,500 euros.
|Hammer Price||Percentage Amount|
|From €0 to €50,000||5|
|From €50,000.01 to €200,000||3|
|From €200,000.01 to €350,000||1|
|From €350,000.01 to €500,000||0.5|
If you have any questions, contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +302111196126 we are happy to assist you.