Ulysse Nardin Sonata Cathedral 18K Rose Gold Automatic Dual Time with Date wristwatch, 42mm, Ref. 676-88.
A very fine and rare limited edition Ulysse Nardin Sonata Cathedral Automatic Dual Time with date wristwatch Ref. 676-88.
- Diameter: 42 mm.
- Alarm with gong and countdown indicator.
- Patended dual time system with instant time zone adjustor.
- Caliber UN-67, 109 jewels.
- 18K rose gold case.
- Sapphire crystals.
- Water resistant to 30m.
- Original UN black leather strap with original UN folding buckle.
- Accompanied by the original Ulysse Nardin case with No 173, outer box and manuals.
- Purchased from Greece.
- The watch appears in very good condition.
- The watch works, but we do not guarantee for the functionality.
A unique and amazing multifunctional mechanical instrument. It is an in-house development, inspired by Dr. Ludwig Oechslin, constructed by Pierre Gygax annd Lucas Humair, executed by the UN Dream Team conducted by Rolf Schnyder. The in-house engineers and technicians of Ulysse Narding spent nearly seven years on the development of this patented self-winding manufacture caliber. It combines the novel alarm setting with a countdown indicator and the dual time system with the instant time zone adjustor featured in many Ulysse Nardin watches. The patented dual time function permits time zone adjustments forward and backward. The original home time (reference time) stays displayed while the date, the alarm and countdown change automatically when a time zone adjustment is made. The melodic chiming of the alarm is based on a novel 24-hour mechanism which allows setting the alarm 24 hours ahead.
Lot location: Loudos Auctions Thessaloniki.